Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara E Swan has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Barbara E Swan has the following 8 expertise
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Surgery Recovery
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Barbara E Swan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barbara E Swan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I went to see Dr. Swan as a referral from my rheumatologist. I have multiple spinal problems and gave her my entire history of such issues that continue to worsen. My rheumatologist hoped that Dr. Swan would have a helpful perspective of my problems, including their origin. She suggested sleep, yoga & relaxation (yeah, been there- done that w/ sleep aids over the years & to no avail). These were very 'soft' solutions to my my severe muscular-skeletal issues and previous treatments from pain specialists and rheums. She also didn't see how she could help me beyond that appointment, except maybe some sleep aid rx. It was offensive to be treated so lightly & nonchalantly. The appointment was a huge waste of time.
I'm a difficult case. She is very courteous and spends time with me. She is open to my feedback.She is on the ball when communicating info to other doctor's I see.I know the medical field is a science and if the problem cannot be found it is not because of her lack of effort. Sometimes it is what it is.She does not make me feel inadequate or that it is all in my head.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
37 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Barbara E Swan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChoice Care Physicians, 2585 Freeport Rd Ste 105, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbara E Swan in this video.
Dr. Barbara E Swan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.