Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbara E Wotherspoon has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 26
Terrible. Zero stars. I could hear the staff making fun of my description of symptoms. I spent 6 months trying to get help. She kept looking at the clock, said I needed progesterone, prescribed prempro which added more estrogen, even though mine was off the charts. Follow up was horrible. There's not enough space for my total comments. She spent less than 10 minutes with me. To sum it up, at my daughter's insistence I made an appointment with her doctor's office several hours away; they were astonished at the poor care I had received. I ended up having a radical hysterectomy due to the massive amounts of cysts on my ovaries, fibroids making my uterus 2 1/2 times the normal size, and I had an "unbelievable amount of endometriosis". That is a direct quote. So, ladies: save your time and money. One of the WORST experiences in my life.
Terrible. I had visited dr wotherspoon through out my entire pregnancy as my ob/gyn every visit i had i waited well over an hour after my appointment time, then once finally back in the room i almost always waited 15-30 minutes for her to make it to my room. Every appointment i bring my questions so i remember what to ask and every time she answers 1 maybe 2 questions before saying "okay were done here!" Once, she was still talking answering one of my questions as she was walking out the door while i still had multiple left, she just left the room after she finished her sentence and i sat there for a good 10 minutes wondering if we were done or is she coming back until i hear her down the hall saying shes going to the hospital to see a patient. This is my first pregnancy and every time i leave her office i still have to turn to google to answer my unresolved questions. I would rather see her nurse practitioner than her any day. I understand shes a busy woman but my pregnancy nearing the end and i'm still not even sure what i do or where i go when i feel its time, and i'm not even sure what i'm suppose to be looking out for. Unfortunately she is all my insurance will cover but if i had the money i would have gone to cox health for my services.
I was a patient with Dr. Wotherspoon for a few years. She delivered my first child, but I would not go to her again. She was almost always running late to appointments. She did not seem to care about what I was saying to her. I have heard her discussing patients, myself included, in the hallway between exam room loudly enough to be heard in the rooms. She performed an episiotomy during my delivery and did not tell me she was doing it. But, she does have small hands, so that's a plus.
20 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Barbara E Wotherspoon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMercy Clinic, 1965 S Fremont Ave Ste 270, Springfield, MO
Dr. Barbara E Wotherspoon is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Springfield, MO.