Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barbra J Mccabe has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Barbra J Mccabe has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Barbra J Mccabe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barbra J Mccabe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I saw Dr. Mccabe when she was treating me as a child in New York. It wasn't until now, many years later that I've decided to speak out. Every year as a young child Dr. Mccabe would try and convince me without my mother present to receive the chicken pox vaccine. Telling me that if I didn't get it, my future children could have problems. First off, for those of you wondering, I had not had signs of the chicken pox at this time in my life, however later blood tests would prove that I already had an immunity. The point of this is not about the chicken pox, its about her trying to scare a young girl every single year of her life without her parent present into receiving medication that was not needed. I find this completely unacceptable and disgusting and I'm glad I knew enough to keep turning her away. You're not a good person.
My daughter has been seen by Dr. McCabe on a number of occasions for her breathing disorder. Dr. McCabe was very professional and calm during our visit & subsequent stays. When the doctors felt they were could not treat my daughter further (she needed intensive care), they quickly made a decision to airlift her to Childrens Hospital in DC. No hesitation, just did it. That saved my daughter's life on 2 occasions and I will forever be grateful. Today, I saw Dr. McCabe for the 1st time in almost a year at a local restaurant and she remembered me & my daughter and was so happy to see her doing well & breathing like a normal child should. My daughter had surgery in Philadelphia and hasn't needed to go back to the hospital since then (knock on wood), but I feel that Dr. McCabe is 100% capable to care for her and am glad that she is so closeby.
Childrens Hospital Of Philadelphia
Dr. Barbra J Mccabe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsInova Loudoun Hospital, 44045 Riverside Pkwy, Leesburg, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barbra J Mccabe in this video.
Dr. Barbra J Mccabe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, VA.