Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barrett L Chapin has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I have had nothing but a bad experience since I started seeing drs through lrgh. I was referred to him and left the office in tears. He dismissed all my concerns.tried to talk me out of having a biopsy done and also called me heavy and made me out to be some lazy over eater when I told him I have gained 15 lbs in 2 months and I have never had an issue before with weight gain and was very concerned. I'm not sure how he still has a job or is getting referrals. I would not refer him. He is simply working for a un earned pay check. There is nothing worse then feeling hopeless and having a dr do nothing for you. Overall worst experience I have ever had.
Long time patient who had to fire Dr Chapin for his lack of ability to foster any concern for well being or health concerns. Expected better but in the long run disappointing, should have listened to the Nurses who gave me the inside track on this guy. Great staff shame the Doctor does not have the same attitude the staff has.
My father has been suffering from severe hypoglycemic episodes without any symptoms in which his blood sugar levels drops down to 30 and he can't even function enough to move. Dr. Chapin told him that he was okay to drive. He will have some explaining to do when someone his hit by his vehicle while having one of these episodes! Now it is up to me to tell my father not to drive. Thanks a lot Doc!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1989
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Barrett L Chapin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLaconia Clinic-Ambulatory Surgery Center, 724 N Main St, Laconia, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barrett L Chapin in this video.
Dr. Barrett L Chapin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laconia, NH.