Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barrett J Wallis has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 23
The bold black cancellation fee sheet I saw made me question my choice of practice. The fees seemed excessive, and the time allotted to cancel (2 days for an office visit and 3 days for a procedure) may not be feasible. ( IE I woke up with the flu, but if I cancel my procedure I'll owe $125.) When I saw their out patient procedure center, I wanted to leave. It was tiny. There were 3 small rooms -a waiting room, changing room, and a procedure room. A hallway was used as a recovery area. The procedure room itself had 3 large windows where I could see cars going by just a few feet away. I felt exposed and unsafe. I had stayed to that point because of that cancellation fee. I was already hooked up to an IV (that hurt more than almost any other) when I was given the option to leave. I stayed because I knew I would be too scared to have them start another IV at a regular facility. That was the first time I met Dr.Wallis. I wish I could have met him sooner. I wish someone had told me that their outpatient center was not a normal surgery center. The staff was very nice though. Dr. Wallis said the center was well equipped, but how can a person trust a 3 room area that looks incomplete.
I am sorry about your experience here in our office. Our job at Advanced Gastroenterology is to make you feel safe and wanted. We understand that things were not as you had envisioned and we will do our best to fix the problems.
He is the best! Very caring and makes you feel so comfortable. Great bedside manner! Answers all of your questions and spends the time that you deserve as a patient! Incredible!
Thank you for your time and patience on writing this review. We at Advanced GI strive to make every encounter with us a great experience.
39 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1979
University Of Michigan
Dr. Barrett J Wallis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCrystal Family Practice, 1132 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL
Dr. Barrett J Wallis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Crystal River, FL.