Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barrett J Wallis MD
Dr. Barrett J Wallis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Crystal River, FL. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Barrett J Wallis has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Barrett J Wallis has the following 14 expertise
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 10
Amazing Doctor and Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barrett J Wallis - Posted on April 22nd, 2019
He is more thorough than any other doctor I have ever experienced. He takes his time with his patients and answers any and all questions. I encountered the surgery center and I thought it had a much more relaxed and "cozy" feel to it. It didn't smell like a hospital or have that ice cold feeling of a hospital. The staff was incredible as well. They were all very knowledgeable and went above and beyond to help me. One of the girls even gave me a ride home after because I couldn't find transportation. Five stars!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barrett J Wallis - Posted on June 25th, 2018
Dr Wallis has taken care of both my husband and me. He took the time to call my husband's surgeon at the Mayo Clinic and become familiar with his condition. The surgeon called us the next morning to let us know that we were in excellent hands and I totally agree with him. He also has been very careful to determine my conditions. He takes time and has a lot of patience--very needed in my case.
Fantastic GI physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barrett J Wallis - Posted on October 26th, 2017
Do not go to this Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barrett J Wallis - Posted on August 4th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barrett J Wallis - Posted on January 20th, 2017
40 Years Experience
- Cornell Univ.
University Of Michigan
Dr. Barrett J Wallis Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Barrett J Wallis's office for more information.
1132 SE Kings Bay Dr Crystal River, FL : (352) 564-3900
Locations & DirectionsCRYSTAL FAMILY PRACTICE, 1132 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL
Dr. Barrett J Wallis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Crystal River, FL.