Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barrie Weisman
Dr. Barrie Weisman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lincoln, RI, with another office in Providence, RI. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Family Medicine. Dr. Weisman is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Women and Infants Hospital of RI and Memorial Hospital Of R I, Pawtucket, Ri. He speaks English.
Dr. Barrie Weisman has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Weisman was so great to meet with. He fully described everything he was doing and his diagnosis without being condescending. He wanted to make certain I understood everything.The staff is friendly, but unprofessional.Appointments are terribly hard to get and forget trying to reschedule, it takes months to get back in.
Dr. Weisman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island
Women and Infants Hospital of RI
Memorial Hospital Of R I, Pawtucket, Ri
49 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Barrie Weisman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barrie Weisman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, RI.