Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry B Abraham has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Barry B Abraham has the following 11 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Showing 5 of 16
MY FIRST DERMATOLOGIST THAT MESSED IP MY FACE. ALL THE OTHERS AFTER HIM TRIED TO FIX IT. THIS DOCTOR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, HE DOES NOT MNOW WHAT HE IS DOING, HE WILL GO WITH WHAT HE CAN MAKE MORE. HE USED TO GOVE ME CREAMS THAT MADE MY WHOLE FACE BREAKOUT, BUT REALLY WHEN I WENT TO HIM I ONLY HAD SOME PIMPLES, NOT MY WHOLE FACE. HE PUT ME IN ANTIBIOTICS FOR MONTHS AFTER THAT AND FOR OVER 15 YEARS AFTER SEEING HIM MY FACE IS STILL NOT CLEAR, IT GOT WORSE. Some doctors I see now are trying their best to fix it. Abraham needs to get sued for pain and suffering. This is one doctor that his malpractice insurance needs to pay for. Please don't call him a doctor because ge does not act like one.
Dr. Barry has horrible bedside manners. He was rude during his evaluation and when I ask for clarification he wrote down his diagnosis in a piece of paper and asked me to look for it online. I asked him about some sking tags that I want to have removed and he told me that my insurance did not cover the removals and that I would have to pay for it; he stormed out of the office without asking me if I was interested in having them removed (I was going to pay for it). I have never felt this way with a doctor before, he's rude & intimidating and not willing to answer the patients concerns. There are plenty others dermatologists out there, do yourself a favor and go someplace else..
What an incredibly rude man. He made fun of my being concerned about my mole(s). My concern is why I went to a "professional" in the first place. Even after waiting over an hour and a half (yes, over 90 minutes), I was still very polite and kind towards him during the whole 8 minutes that we spent together. Skin-cancer is quite popular within my family, and he made fun of that, too. I was told to follow up in three months. I'd rather live on the streets for a week than be in the same room as Dr Barry Abraham ever again. He needs some serious help with his people skills.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1973
Temple University Health System
Dr. Barry B Abraham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Dermatology, 9501 Roosevelt Blvd Ste 508, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Barry B Abraham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.