Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry K Abramson
Dr. Barry K Abramson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with other offices in Saint Louis, MO and Saint Louis, MO . He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abramson is affiliated with Missouri Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry K Abramson has 3 locations
10511 Old Olive Street Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
3009 N Ballas Rd Ste 359C
Saint Louis, MO 63131
3009 N Ballas Rd Ste 359
Saint Louis, MO 63131
Book Online Now
Dr. Barry K Abramson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Barry K Abramson has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry K Abramson - Posted on October 19th, 2017
I waited just over 2 months to get in, I arrived 20 mins early as I was told, I was then put in a room 5 mins past my appointment time. I was put in a room door closed and sat there for 40 minutes NOT ONCE did anyone come in to check on me or even got to see the Doctor. 40 MINUTES in a room with NO ONE checking on a person. If a doctor is that LATE and one cares then its a direct reflecting on the type of bed side matter a doctor has. No doctor is better than a patient. This is a first for any BJC Doctor I have. Now I see why people go to the ER than sit in a room for a long time and not getting to see a doctor. It wasn't like the waiting room was packed with anyone I was the other person to see him. The staff is just as bad, the worse I have seen almost as bad as going to the VA Doctors.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry K Abramson - Posted on April 14th, 2016
Angry IBS patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry K Abramson - Posted on May 8th, 2013
Staff can be abrasive and incompetent! Took 10 days to receive meds because I was incorrectly told they'd sent the information requested from my insurance company. Barry seems to prescribe the most expensive meds, even though I told him I pay out 20% if no generic. I wonder the padding he gets in his palms. And Barry, telling me "good luck" upon exit is NOT the best exit response when talking medicine. Leave that for the casinos! Treat the patient, not JUST the disease. And learn some cultural competence!
CEO GEEC LLC
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry K Abramson - Posted on February 6th, 2013
Dr. Abramson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Barry K Abramson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry K Abramson, MD - Gastroenterology in Saint Louis, MO, in this video.
Dr. Barry K Abramson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.