- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry E Allen MD
Dr. Barry E Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Regional Medical Center At Memphis. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Barry E Allen has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
Dr. Barry E Allen has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Showing 5 of 13
Knowledgable and Professional
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry E Allen - Posted on April 17th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry E Allen - Posted on August 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry E Allen - Posted on July 3rd, 2017
great doctor and great person
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry E Allen - Posted on May 9th, 2017
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Barry E Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsBARRY EUGENE ALLEN MD, 8247 River Road Pike, Nashville, TN
Dr. Barry E Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Nashville, TN.