Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry I Auster
Dr. Barry I Auster, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Farmington Hills, MI. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Auster is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus and DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. Dr. Auster has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Barry I Auster has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Barry I Auster has the following 12 expertise
- Varicose Veins
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Barry I Auster is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry I Auster - Posted on February 2nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry I Auster - Posted on October 26th, 2015
I just saw Dr. Auster today for the 4th time (I think) in four years. I called this morning and was pleasantly surprised to get an appointment today. I saw him the three previous times for wounds that weren't healing properly. Today was for a nail fungus. I didn't have much of a wait to see him. He prescribed a medication for me and said if I didn't feel better in a week to call for a follow up. He doesn't schedule you for appointments he thinks you might not need and doesn't suggest treatments that medication may solve. I like him and wouldn't hesitate to see him again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry I Auster - Posted on September 18th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry I Auster - Posted on March 23rd, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Auster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Barry I Auster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Barry I Auster
My specialty: Laser surgery, hair removal, photoaging, Psoriasis, and tatoo removals.
Locations & DirectionsOAKLAND AESTHETIC DERMATOLOGY, 31420 Northwestern Hwy Ste 150, Farmington Hills, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry I Auster, MD - Dermatology in Farmington Hills, MI, in this video.
Dr. Barry I Auster is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Farmington Hills, MI.