Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry I Bercovitz
Dr. Barry I Bercovitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Odenton, MD, with another office in Odenton, MD. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Bercovitz is affiliated with Laurel Regional Hospital and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Bercovitz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry I Bercovitz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
In my opinion, Barry Bercovitz is a substandard doctor. Although he may posess medical knowledge, he is abusive in manner, disrespectful, and extremely patronizing. In the time he has been my PCP, he has been decidedly unhelpful and dismissive of my needs. Recently, he wouldn't fulfill a request for a medical letter that was needed. I am a 33 year army veteran, and this is NOT the kind of care I expect from Johns Hopkins FHP. I would not recommend this doctor under any circumstance.
I was new to the area and I picked Dr. Bercovitz from a list of doctors accepting new patients. For once, I made the right choice. Dr. Bercovitz takes the time to listen to your needs and offers his expertise. If the problem is in a field other than his, he will not hesitate to find and refer you to the best doctor. One big plus, he does have a sense of humor. I am sorry to be losing him as a doctor, but I am moving out of the area. I would highly recommend him.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Bercovitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Barry I Bercovitz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barry I Bercovitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Odenton, MD.