Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry B Billington has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 15
I really like Dr Billington, he's a no nonsense doctor. He listens to what I have to say, he takes time with me to answer my questions. I had a knee injury a couple of years ago that most doctors would have advised to have surgery on right away. However, Dr. Billington was wait and see what happens with conservative measures instead. I did what he said, then I started my own type of physical therapy. My knee continued to get stronger. I went to see him a year later about my knee, he did various tests on it that would have hurt so much when I first injured it. He pronounced it healed and put "possible Mencius tear healed" on there. He was correct! My knee is fine now and I have resumed all the activities I enjoyed before my injury. Thank you Dr Billington!
This doctor has no interest in helping anyone who actually has pain in their life. If you are unfortunate enough to be afflicted with anything that requires that you take any kind of pain medication whatsoever, this doctor will not even see you as a new patient. HOWEVER, you are not told this until AFTER you have made the trip ALL the way to their office, a long and painful process all by itself; at which time the doctor will REFUSE to even see you as a new patient if you require even the smallest amount of pain management, not even a brief discussion of your pain issue. If this is their ridiculous policy, that is their right, but the least they could do would be to warn new patients about this when they make their first appointment - BEFORE they make the journey to the office. This doctor was rude and honestly I consider it a blessing not to have been accepted as a new patient.
My Seattle primary cancer physician, knowing I was on a extended visit to Northern Ca, advised me to have a doctor in Redding check my tyroid levels and prescribe treatment as necessary. I was turned down by several doctors. Dr Billington got me in the next day. The first thing I noticed was how relaxed and happy the office staff appeared. Dr Billington, I found, was very easy to talk to, quickly assessed my needs and precribed medication. I felt better in very short order. I have since been back regarding other medical issues. If Dr Billington was located in Seattle, he would be my choice for my primary physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Barry B Billington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBarry Blaine Billington Md, 1115 Whiskeytown Ct Ste A, Redding, CA
Dr. Barry B Billington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redding, CA.