Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry Brooks
Dr. Barry Brooks, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beachwood, OH, with other offices in Cleveland Heights, OH and Beachwood, OH (and 1 other location). He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Brooks is affiliated with Huron Hospital, UH Conneaut Medical Center and St Vincent Charity Hospital. Dr. Brooks has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry Brooks has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 12
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brooks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UH Conneaut Medical Center
St Vincent Charity Hospital
University Hospitals of Cleveland
South Pointe Hospital
UH Case Medical Center
CCHS Huron Hospital
39 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barry Brooks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beachwood, OH.