Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry D Elson has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Food Allergies
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Preventive Medicine
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chelation Therapy
- Hay Fever
- Environmental Illness
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Nutritional Support
- Watery Eyes
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Metabolic Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Nutrition Disorders
- Lyme Disease
- Nasal Allergies
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 11
Worst ever! I was in the waiting room ready for my appointment with him, BUT he took another patient who had just arrived and was still filling out her new patient information! I waited 40 minutes past my appointment time. He then informed me he had to go to lunch and could only spend 5 minutes with me on my follow-up visit. 5 minutes was long enough for me!!!! Not worth the wait and rudeness. He had given me estrogen-progesterone pills which gave me 3X the number of hot flashes I had before seeing him. And when I told him this, he said, "That's impossible!" As if I can't recognize a hot flash and can't count how many I have each day! He had also prescribed the wrong dosage of thyroid medication, but refused to believe it wasn't working as well as my California doctor's meds had. My Calif. doc is a very well-known preventive medical doctor who has written many books, videos, conferences, etc. and whom Dr. Elson respected greatly. He then tried to give me unnecessary IV nutritional treatment, but I declined this expensive, unneeded, invasive treatment. This man is incompetent, insensitive, rude, arrogant and only cares about making money.
I realized I can't even comment on much of the "experience" Long story short, I went in to these people to get a second opinion on a diagnosis. On my very first visit, they took about a pint of blood from me, and used upwards of 50 little blood vials. It's over 3 weeks later, and the only contact I've had are with nurses who keep telling me to keep waiting. I told them when I first saw them that I would be leaving the country fairly soon and that if possible, I'd like some medical advice prior to leaving. I leave in a few days. So, that's apparently not going to happen. Also, when I tried to make a follow up appointment, they scheduled me two months out. Don't visit these people.
41 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Vancouver Hospital And Health Science Center
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barry D Elson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conway, MA.