Dr. Barry Gruber Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Barry Gruber?

Dreadful Doctor!

Posted on December 13th, 2017

I was in pain when i got there-- and i left in tears of pain, Dr. Gruber and staff (he has no Nurses working there) made me feel worse than i did before i visited him.

Posted on August 9th, 2016

I was shocked to read these reviews. I have severe RA and have been in pain for years. I just recently started infusions from Dr. Gruber and I have never felt better. He has always been very kind and caring towards me. The whole office staff has been great. Shari is especially helpful also!

scam city

Posted on December 21st, 2015

would not recommend this facility to anyone. Was referred by high end specialist. upon contacting office for appointment was told if i saw PA Dr. Gruber reviews all records, and medications before you leave and discussion with him would take place. Absolutely not true. I saw hime as I was leaving, wished me lick. Not what I expected. Then they tried to make me deal withNYC pharmacy, I live on L.I. My gut says there's a huge amount of fee splitting, My experience in Insurance and healthcare says that the billing in this office is out of whack, creative perhaps. Get it?

First impression is the last

Posted on September 11th, 2015

I won't be coming back, and I do not recommend him. What a phoney bologna. He says one thing to your face and turns around and does something else. He has zero bedside manner and even less compassion and honesty. His treatment made me severely ill, and he was so unresponsive when I called the office to tell him. Basically blamed me and got offended when I asked questions before and after e procedure. I should have known not to trust him. When I asked for help with a new problem, he never replied and then made up excuses why he couldn't get involved instead of referring me elsewhere. His crabby old nurse is nasty and so terrible giving IVs that I wound up badly bruised after her 2 attempts with my great veins. The office is dingy and old, not what one would expect from one of LI's most experienced specialists. As a patient himself, he should know better than to treat patients the way I was treated. This was one of the most upsetting medical experiences I've evere encountered with my very significant problem. He seems more interested in working on his tan than helping patients in severe distress.

THE DISINTERESTED DOCTOR

Posted on April 20th, 2015

Dr. Gruber does absolutely nothing for me. I've been to 4 visits with him and all he has done for me is recommend the supplement: “Turmeric Curcumin” (an Indian spice used in cooking) and exercise, which I cannot do because of the pain I’m in. He has zero communication/people skills. There should be turn-style doors on his exam rooms as he's in and out that quickly. Seems like all I do is go there to give a co-pay and have him bill my insurance for a whole lot of NOTHING! I need to find a different Rheumatologist, one that actually treats his/her patients.

Posted on December 12th, 2014

No bedside manner or care about your illness. Comes in to check vitals then leaves.

Posted on October 19th, 2011

By far the best that Long Island offers in caring for osteoporosis and rheumatology diseases (scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and others). Compassionate, professional, and most important brilliant .

Posted on November 26th, 2010

The best rheumatologist and osteoporosis specialist on Long Island. A leader in his field. Compassion and caring.

A Great Doctor

Posted on June 8th, 2010

Especially with serious diseases it's important to be treated by physicians who are exceptionally knowledgeable, participate in studies, and have proven to be leaders in their specialty. This is a description of Dr. Barry Gruber.

Posted on May 23rd, 2010

gruber is always helpful and his staff is always professional

Posted on April 17th, 2010

do not go to him. does not have any bed side manners

Posted on August 24th, 2017