Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry S Jarvis
Dr. Barry S Jarvis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Eugene, OR, with another office in Eugene, OR. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Jarvis is affiliated with Sacred Heart Medical Center. Dr. Jarvis has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry S Jarvis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Barry S Jarvis has the following 10 expertise
- Tennis Elbow
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 18
I feel like I have to convince a medical office assistant that I don't feel well to get an appointment. Then when she calls back she tells me "he says to try....and call back if you get worse". I have been sick for over a month and have steadily gotten worse but still he refuses to see me. The staff is uncaring and act like I'm putting them out even when they call me. Time to find a new doctor whom I can actually see face to face.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jarvis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of British Columbia
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Barry S Jarvis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry S Jarvis in this video.
Dr. Barry S Jarvis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.