Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry J Kemler has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 18
I was a patient of Dr. Kemler years ago for a routine procedure. I received a letter in the mail to make an appointment for this routine procedure as 5 years had passed. I have called his office at least 6 times and left messages and no one ever called me back. Being in the facility for another appointment I left a note under the door since they were closed and someone did call me back but because no one EVER answers their phone and one ALWAYS has to leave a message connecting can be difficult because of my job. I'm sure I didn't have this experience the first appointment I made for I would have found a different physician then as I am today. If Dr. Kemler isn't losing patients because of this process I'd find it hard to believe. I really liked Dr. Kemler and given the procedure, it was nice having a dr with good bedside manner. I'm disappointed I have to find another dr but I have no choice. I'm afraid I'll be dead by the time I get an appointment with him. Best luck
I am ashamed to admit that this was my first procedure by Dr. Kemler and I was scared to death. I found him warm, friendly , with a great sense of humor. He recognized that I was apprehensive and he took the time to explain the whole thing to me. He came highly recommended by my personal physician - and I am happy to say I am glad he did. My daughter-in-law also goes to him and she is pleased with her experience too.
Did not find and diagnose a G. I. bleeding problem thru endoscopy. Ten months later after 7 units of blood because of GI bleeding, another doctor diagnosed an esopogheal ulcer that was bleeding. He treated it successfully with meds. It could have been so simple if it had been diagnosed sooner. I was very disappointed and lost confidence in Dr. Kemler.
44 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Barry J Kemler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGrove Hill Medical Center, 300 Kensington Ave, New Britain, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry J Kemler in this video.
Dr. Barry J Kemler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Britain, CT.