Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry M Berman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
First, let me say that the other staff in Dr. Berman's office have always been wonderful. However, after multiple experiences with Dr Berman, my husband and I feel compelled to offer this review. Every time one of our children has had an office visit with him, he has failed at adequate diagnosis and treatment. EVERY SINGLE TIME, within 24-48 hours, we have had to consult with Dr. Kouyoumdji, the other pediatrician in the Salem office. Only then would accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment occur. In addition to what strongly appears to be either laziness or incompetence in assessment & diagnosis, Dr. Berman has also, on occasion, proven to be very unprofessional, to the point of being blatantly rude. Despite our dissatisfaction, neither my husband nor I have ever been anything but respectful and cordial in our interactions with him. Nonetheless, as the on-call Doctor, Berman recently hung up on my husband after getting defensive when my husband asked which doctor he was speaking to. I don't believe in frivolous use of medical services, so I expect quality care and professional behavior whenever the circumstances do indicate consulting a doctor. After several pointless office visits with Berman immediately followed by my child being in distress that could have been mitigated or avoided, I asked that my kids only be scheduled for visits with Dr. Kouyoumdji. After the recent encounter with him as the on-call Doctor, I realized that just looking out for my own kids isn't enough. Perhaps a bad review will motivate him in a better direction. At least, maybe it will help some cautious parents avoid experiences like we have had.
First, the office staff is rude. The wait time is over an hour, we had waited up to two hours before seeing the doctor. My husband and I took our son to see Dr. Berman for our son who had "flathead" at 4 months old. He said it would go away on its own and not to worry. It was very common in children since they sleep on their back. It never went away, our son now has to go through the rest of his life with this condition unless going under surgery to fix the shape of his head.
Dr. Berman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sisters Charity Healthcare System
Dr. Barry M Berman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSalem Medical Group, 4 Bypass Rd Ste 101, Salem, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry M Berman in this video.
Dr. Barry M Berman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, NJ.