Dr. Barry Rosenblum Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Barry Rosenblum?

Great ENT, Staff not so much

Posted on April 6th, 2015

Office Manager leaves something to be desired as it relates to returning calls.

The Best ENT Surgeon

Posted on May 21st, 2012

I probably would'nt be here without him. He wrote the book on sphenoethmoidectomy.

very good

Posted on January 12th, 2011

Dr. Rosenblum repaired my deviated septum, and did an excellent job. He is a very skilled surgeon, and I am sure he could have done much more complicated things than I needed.

Posted on June 17th, 2010

Diagnosed and corrected a long time condition that had been missed by two other ENT's. A+

Too imperious to really handle a problem

Posted on June 1st, 2010

I wanted to know why suddenly after years I now needed a CPAP machine at nighttime. I was referred to Dr Rosenblum who was recommended very highly by several people who work with him. He advised me about the surgery. He also told me I would return to work in 3 days.I had a Septoplasty and turbinate reduction. I could not breathe the first week I was off. On my first visit he forcefully debrided my nose. As I left his exam room I began to bleed. No one stopped me. My daughter was with me. We went to her carwhere I bled heavily for over 20 minutes. This would resume periodically over the next week.When I returned for my next follow up visit, he again debrided my nose even more aggressively. Again I began to bleed, but as before both Dr Rosenblum and his nurse left me to bleed in the exam room. This time I refused to leave until it stopped. Both Dr Rosenblum and his nurse walked back and forth in front of the door several times and saw me bleeding. Only after 10 minutes or so did the nurse come in and spray some Neo in my nose until I stopped. I think I was slowing down the progress of getting other patients in and out of the office.This did not ever stop it fully. 2 days later I was in the E.R. from 8:30 pm to 4 am bleeding. When the E.R. doctor got it to stop he advised me to see Rosenblum in the am. I went thinking he would finally cauterize my nose. He prepared to do so-touched the arterial bleeder with a silver nitrate stick and it stopped. (I really think all the thrombin I received in the E.R did it.)It still bled occasionally. 4 days later you got it again a nose bleed! This time it was even worse. I returned to his office. I had bled 550 cc in the E.R I told the nurse she made no comment and never wrote it down. Both he and the aloof nurse ignored everything I said. He refused to try cautery. He forcefully stuffed another packing in my nose and told me I must have a clotting problem. I never had had one before.So he decided to send me to a hematologist. I had to ask for the phone number of the referral doctor. AND again I needed to leave the office, still bleeding!!! His nurse even followed me out to the elevator when she thought I missed the message to come back in 2 days. There I stood with bloody towel in hand still bleeding. I said Oh sure!I called the referral MD. They wanted to know why I was calling. Dr Rosenblum hadnt even made a professional contact to share his observations! I went to my sisters, an RN. By the time I arrived the blood was just pumping non stop! My sister called Rosenblums office and demanded they see me again. My nephew drove me.Again Dr Rosenblum refused to cauterize the bleeder. He and his nurse acted angry that I had returned! Again he packed my nose, laid the chair back and made me wait 45 minutes. Well guess what, the blood just ran down my throat.Everything goes downhill from here. Ultimately I left again with a profusely flowing nosebleed. I ended up with another surgery AFTER WHICH I NEVER BLED ONE DROP!!! My daughter lost a week of wages over this. I lost 7 weeks and a liter of blood over 5 weeks!Save yourself a lot of agony! Avoid this MD at all cost!!!!!!!!!

Posted on September 25th, 2017