Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry A Nelms
Dr. Barry A Nelms, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bellaire, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Nelms is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Nelms has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry A Nelms has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Barry A Nelms has the following 20 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Back Pain
Dr. Barry A Nelms has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barry A Nelms is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Nelms was very thorough and professional. He listened to my concerns, encouraged and responded to my questions, and explained my problem in language I could understand. Although he is a surgeon, he views surgery as a treatment when all else fails which I greatly appreciate. His staff are considerate and caring. As I was in pain, they did their best to get me in quickly without compromising the care of the other patients. I am so glad I found him!
I had to wait over an hour to be called in by the nurse. The nurse starting making all kinds of excuses as to why the wait was so long when I was one of the 3rd appointment of the day. I asked how much longer so I could plan my other appointment accordingly and that's when it got ugly. I was told that this appointment was the most important & when I disagreed I was told I needed to calm down and quit being rude. I told him that his statement was rude & that I wasn't being uncalm nor rude. The nurse stormed out to get the doctor. The dr returned and said "I understand you have a problem." I told him that I didn't that all I wanted to know was how much longer before it was my turn, which the dr NEVER answered. After 2 or 3 more rounds of you have a problem, quit being rude, no i don't, i am not being rude, the dr. shoved the manila folder in my face and told me to calm down. I told him to get out of my face and that he still hadn't answered my question of how much longer & isn't he the dr. so shouldn't he know??? We all agreed I would leave and the whole time the dr kept arguing with me that I was being loud, which I wasn't, until I was leaving the office when I informed him & his staff of my opinion of them. NEVER AGAIN WOULD I GO THERE...EVEN IF HE WAS THE LAST DR ON EARTH AND I WAS DYING. I would much rather die!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nelms is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Baylor College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGreater Houston Orthopedics, 5420 West Loop S Ste 4100, Bellaire, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry A Nelms in this video.
Dr. Barry A Nelms is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellaire, TX.