Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry D Norris has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Barry D Norris has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- EOL Care
Dr. Barry D Norris has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
I went to Dr. Norris's office for a follow-up visit a few days after being dismissed from the ER due to a bicycle accident. I was telling him what symptoms I had (swollen knee, knee pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain, headache dizziness, ringing of the ears, insomnia, anxiety) and asking him what he thought about me going back to work. The doctor talked over me and interrupted me every time I tried to talk. He didn't even look at my injuries, and said my sympoms are normal and I need no referral to other doctors. He then wrote me a note I could go back to work, and a prescription for painkillers. Now I am at home from work again because I am feeling worse than when I went to see him. He needs to be reevaluated to make sure that he is fit to be a medical doctor.
I like Dr. Norris but they NEVER answer the phone and it takes FOREVER to get a call back.
Dr Norris is pretty nice, but he never seems to remember ANYTHING about me everytime I visit. Always asks the same questions. Andrew is the best one in the whole office, of 3 people. Very nice guy. Dr Norris seems to be in it for the money, They will NOT under no circumstances refill your rx over the phone, you HAVE to go see him, ( even if you were just there a week and a half ago)! Now, his receptionist.. She's the mail reason why I can't stand to go there. While you're waiting to be seen by Dr Norris, she'll answer the phone, huff and puff, deep sigh, talk to herself. Shuffle her papers around on her desk, real loud, like she's irritated at the world. She ALWAYS ( ok, 8 out of 10 times) get the rx's wrong, that she calls in to the pharmacy. Then you end up waiting at the pharmacy longer when they have to call the Dr's office to get it straight. When you are checking out, ( to get your next appt, which is usually within 1-2 weeks), If the phone should ring ring, she will just stop helping you, and take the phone call. This happened to me, and I had to stand there and listen to her for 15 minutes, then another call came in, then she started making an appt for the next patient who was behind me! She is the main reason, I can't stand walking in that office.. Not to mention, she never greets me, when I walk in to their office, but she sure as heck greets EVERYONE else, with warm welcoming smiles. Not me! I didn't do anything wrong! I do NOT recommend this office at all. Hope this helps.
39 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Barry D Norris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSoquel Family Practice, 2930 Park Ave, Soquel, CA
Dr. Barry D Norris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Soquel, CA.