Dr. Barry A Ogin Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Barry A Ogin?

bossanova79

I agree with bad reviews. I am 55 and have never, ever, ever had an experience like this with any type of doctor. He is arrogant, doesn't listen to you, thinks he knows it all, and doesn't ever look at a single X-ray or MRI you bring in. He simply thinks you should exercise to get all your muscle tone back. He wouldn't even sign off on my reducing my hours to 32 instead of 45, sitting 10 hours a day in a call center, let alone sign a temp. disability parking pass. He won't work with you until you can heal, he just wants you to do extensive physical therapy and learn how to deal with pain with a psychiatrist. He didn't even offer an alternative pain reliever to opiates. He thinks deep tissue massage and chiropractic care is just a temporary fix, and gives no credit to any holistic medicine for anything but fluff, and temporary fix. Man is he WRONG. My pain at it's worst was helped more by deep tissue massage and chiropractic than anything this doctor or others offered. Save yourself the $150 charge for 8 minutes. His bedside manner doesn't exist.

Great bedside manner

The star reviews are based on office things... Doesn't indicate how well the doc performed he surgery. Fortunately my husband's Rhizotomy went very well. I may have had to wait 15 minutes in the waiting room, but that's the norm these days. I can tell you Dr. Ogin takes his time in ensuring the patient understands their treatment plan, and that causes him to run over time. But worth it.

During office visits he barely looked at my back as if knew all my problems ahead of time.I had an injection in my lower back. I was never told that the procedure would require that I be put under. I requested that the surgery center be one that takes my insurance (Cigna) but when I arrived at the Belmar center for the injection they told me that they did not take my insurance. Being put on the spot , being very shy and told I would get a discount, I got the injection anyway. The injection did me no good at all. I don’t know if he even inserted it in the best location. Ogin's response was that I should get a different one. After the bad experience and horrible high cost I will never go back and advise others not to see him. Maybe a side issue, Ogin told me to have physical therapy, which I did but this only made the pain and problem worse even 10 months later.

sick patient

This Doctor thinks he knows everything, is arrogant and walked out on me while I was talking to him as his time with me was up, I guess. He thinks he knows everything and he doesn't. Poor excuse for a Doctor!!!

Very positive experience!

He is a great doctor and great guy. The staff is very nice and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone.

Is he really a doctor

He makes you feel like you are crazy and you are not really in any pain. Cannot read xrays, takes the radiogist evaluation. He told me I had soft tissue damage and my neck was broken in two places. If I had moved the wrong way or fallen I could be paralyzed or dead. Thank God I fired him and got a real doctor. This guy is a conceited dolt.