Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry D Shaktman has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Barry D Shaktman has the following 18 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Pain
- Induced Hypothermia
- Female Infertility
- Pelvic Exam
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Child Birth
Dr. Barry D Shaktman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barry D Shaktman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
Dr. Barry Shaktman is a wonderful doctor who cares about his patients. He is very efficient, professional and at times can be a comedian. He is willing to spend time with you and really explain what you should do regarding your health. Dr. Shaktman performed three scary surgeries on me - and I had no complaints and came out of them with flying colors. His staff is outstanding (especially Carmen and Taryn) and always so helpful in making you feel comfortable, good listeners and willing to go above and beyond to make your visit as pleasant as possible. Thank you for all you do. I am a patient and I do not work with him.
Can't say enough good things -- and no, I don't work for him! Just a patient who found him to be a warm, nice guy -- fun personality -- answered all my questions without rushing me and, most importantly, made what could have been a scary surgery totally painless! I went to "sleep" (MAC, as opposed to general anesthesia), and the next thing I knew, it was over--I left the operating room completely alert again with not even a twinge of pain then or at any point afterward. A friend of a friend who is a highly regarded ob-gyn in Manhattan strongly recommended him, so it seems he not only has my respect but that of his peers.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
27 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1991
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Barry D Shaktman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNyp Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry D Shaktman in this video.
Dr. Barry D Shaktman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.