Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry Shurman
Dr. Barry Shurman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pennsauken, NJ, with another office in Voorhees, NJ. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Shurman is affiliated with Virtua Health West Jersey, Virtua Berlin and Virtua Memorial. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry Shurman has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Bone Densitometry
- CT Scan
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Infant Disorders
- PET Scan
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Shurman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Virtua Health West Jersey
Virtua Health Camden
Virtua-West Jersey Health System
Virtua West Jersey Hospital - Voorhees
Virtua WJ Hospital Marlton
Virtua Health -Marlton, Marlton, Nj
Virtua WJ Hospital Voorhees
42 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Barry Shurman accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barry Shurman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pennsauken, NJ.