More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry A Steinmetz has 3 locations
1760 Termino Ave Ste 300
Long Beach, CA 90804
1901 Newport Blvd Ste 235
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
2865 Atlantic Ave Ste 104
Long Beach, CA 90806
Book Online Now
Dr. Barry A Steinmetz has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Barry A Steinmetz has the following 3 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Dr. Barry A Steinmetz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
This Doctor is AWESOME!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry A Steinmetz - Posted on June 12th, 2012
He is on top of all the latest issues that beset minors. His staff goes above the call of duty to get you the help you need. His bead side manor is exceptional and really try's to connect with his patients and the parent. He takes a no mess around attitude to getting a diagnosis. Can is say anything else about the man? No he is GREAT! If your child has an issue Dr. Stienmetz is the Doctor for you!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Barry A Steinmetz - Posted on February 6th, 2012
I was growing increasingly concerned with my daughters digestion issues and her PCP was getting me nowhere. I called around and found out that Dr. Steinmetz was one the best in his specialty. I was able to get an at with only a 2 week wait to be seen. He spent 90 minutes with my daughter and I. It is really hard to convince an 8 year old to let a "Creepy old man" look at her butt. Dr. S was amazing and very comforting and non intimidating. Especially with such a delicate issue. Amazing DR! He believes he knows what is wrong and once we are definitive with the test result I will change my star rating regarding Accuracy of Diagnosis.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Barry A Steinmetz Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Barry A Steinmetz
Barry Steinmetz, M.D., is a pediatric gastroenterologist and the medical director of the Outpatient Specialty Centers at Miller Childrens Hospital Long Beach. He is board-certified in pediatrics with additional sub-board certifications in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. , he serves as an associate clinical professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, Irvine. Dr. Steinmetz received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Tex., where he also completed his pediatric residency. He completed his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at UCLA Childrens Hospital. Dr. Steinmetz has received several research grants, and his research has appeared in multiple publications. Since joining Miller Childrens in 2002, he has won several awards including outstanding faculty and doctor of the year. Most recently, he received the 2009 Munzer Family Award from the Memorial Medical Center Foundation and the 2009 Outstanding Faculty of the Year Award at Miller Childrens. Dr. Steinmetz is an active member of several medical societies and organizations, including the American College of Gastroenterology, the North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and the American Gastroenterology Association. He currently lives in Tustin, Calif., with his wife and two daughters.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barry A Steinmetz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.