Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry J Weckesser has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Weckesser! He ordered a serious procedure, an arteriogram of the kidneys, which after the procedure Dr. Weckesserâs staff discovered this procedure was meant for ANOTHER patient whose report was filed in my medical records. When he found out, he stated it had happened before and apologized by not charging for the office visit. Also, the other patient had not been informed of the needed procedure. Medicare and secondary paid twice! His staff does most of the care with him dropping in for 5 minutes. He does not stay in the room during stress tests. There are also OTHER issues with this doctor including several diagnoses in my medical records that are NOT factual! Dr. Weckesser should NOT be allowed to practice medicine.
Dr. Weckesser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Union Memorial Hospital
Dr. Barry J Weckesser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Heart Institute Of Venice, 1370 E Venice Ave Ste 102, Venice, FL
Dr. Barry J Weckesser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Venice, FL.