Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barry G Wortham
Dr. Barry G Wortham, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in San Antonio, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Wortham is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, St Lukes Baptist Hospital and Northeast Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Barry G Wortham has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Barry G Wortham has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Barry G Wortham has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Barry G Wortham is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Wortham preformed anesthesia on my wife for an orthoscopic rotator cuff repair with removal of spur and calcification around socket.my wife woke up with a pain level of 100 out of 10 i.e.extreme .Dr Wortham stayed with her for over 2 hours post op until the pain was manageable..prior to the procedure he sent considerable time in assuring my wife and myself that he would give her excellent interop and postop care and he did.job well done Dr Wortham!!!
I experienced an acute MI while staying with my husband in the hospital. After that was dealt with, I had a 12 hr. long A-Fib blockage. The entry femoral area block broke up and my abdomen was flooded and I bled so much so fast that my Hemoglobin dropped from 14 to 8 and I had a retroperioneal hematoma. The vascular surgeon said it was only Dr. Wortham's skills of getting me in shape that she was able to operate. There is no question but what I owe him my life.
Dr. Wortham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Baylor Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Barry G Wortham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.