Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry D Zaretzky has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Bile Duct inflammation (Cholangitis)
- Celiac Disease
- Dumping Syndrome (Rapid Gastric Emptying)
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Abdominal Cramps
- Digestive System Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I gave up hope of finding a doctor who actually cares about patients until I found Dr. Z. He is the first doctor I have seen who was not looking at a computer screen during most of the appointment. He asked questions that no one asked before. He explained things that I think maybe newer doctors don't understand because of lack of experience. Dr. Z gave me hope that I can feel better because it seems he understands how body systems work together better than other doctors. Expect to spend significant time with Dr. Z on your first appointment. He does want previous medical records so that he doesn't have to waste time reinventing the wheel, and he does actually review every page (even if it is several hundred pages) before he meets you for the first time, which was quite impressive. He is very selective about which new patients he accepts, and I feel privileged that he will continue to be my doctor.
Dr. Zaretzky is a Godsend. I stopped seeing 5 other doctors because Dr. Z understood how to treat the issues I had with different body systems, and he was able to explain how one issue affected another. None of my previous doctors were communicating with each other, and it turns out I was being prescribed medications from different doctors that had bad interactions with each other. After seeing Dr. Z, I take half the medications and am feeling much better!
Dr. Zaretzky is the only doctor who finally ended my year of h___ with gastrointestinal issues. He took the time to explain to me the anatomy and function of the stomach and intestines and adjusted my medications so that I can live a normal life without always having to worry about where is the nearest bathroom. Other doctors either did not take me seriously or could not figure out what was going on. Thanks to Dr. Zaretzky, I can enjoy social and recreational activities again!
I was really surprised when Dr. Zaretzky figured out that my symptoms were all related. He made an accurate diagnosis that no other doctor had been able to do, and with the right treatment, I am now feeling better than I have in years. If you want your life back, this is the doctor to go to.
44 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Barry D Zaretzky accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOak Creek Family Medical Clini, 1954 S Dobson Rd Ste 1, Mesa, AZ
Dr. Barry D Zaretzky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.