Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rahul B Sangal
Dr. Rahul B Sangal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sterling Heights, MI. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Clinical Neurophysiology, Sleep Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Sangal is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. He speaks English.
Dr. Rahul B Sangal has the following 4 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Memory Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep disorders (Parasomnias)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 135
Dr Sangal is an excellent physician and he has helped me tremendously to improve the quality of my sleep, which has drastically improved the quality of my life.
Dr. Sangal has seen a few of my children for various things -- insomnia, teenage bedweting, adhd, and he diagnosed my daughter's narcolepsy. His treatment plans have ALWAYS been helpful. I was skeptical about trying imiprimine (an anti-depressant) for ADHD, but on his recommendation specific to my son's testing, I tried and and my son has had fabulous results.
Dr. Sangal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Hospital Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Rahul B Sangal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClinical Neurophysiology Services Pc, 44344 Dequindre Rd Ste 360, Sterling Heights, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rahul B Sangal in this video.
Dr. Rahul B Sangal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sterling Heights, MI.