Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bartley P Griffith
Dr. Bartley P Griffith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Baltimore, MD. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery). Dr. Griffith has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Bartley P Griffith has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
Dr. Bartley P Griffith has the following 30 expertise
- Aortic Rupture
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Lung Transplantation
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Bronchiolitis Obliterans
- Reperfusion Injury
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Disease
- Postoperative Hemorrhage
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Right Ventricular Dysfunction
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Liver Transplantation
Dr. Bartley P Griffith has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bartley P Griffith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Griffith operated on my Mom. We met him on the first floor of the hospital the day before her operation and he told her she would survive the surgery, not to worry, but that she would have to work to get better after. She died on the operating table. When he told me she had died - he didn't even take me into an office but told me in a hallway and she that her artery had "ruptured." I didn't question that, however; the medical examiner sent me a letter stating the cause of death was medical misadventure and that her pulmonary artery had been accidentally cut during heart surgery. I should have sued him for malpractice, but at the time, I didn't think my mother would have wanted me to. However, I think people should we aware of it. I think if he had been up front with me I would differently.
Dr. Griffith literally saved my life. He conducted two lung transplant surgeries on me (the first a single lung, and the second a double lung). He is an extraordinary surgeon and human being, who cares deeply for his patients and for his passion for eliminating breathlessness for patients with lung disease. He is an incredibly caring and talent surgeon and physician.
We met Dr. Griffith under an emergency situation and we were assigned him as our surgeon. He was fabulous, spent time with us so that all our questions were answered and concerns addressed. The surgery he performed was successful. The post operative follow-up was completed out of state and we have not had any contact with his office. We are thankful for him and his excellent skills that have kept our loved one with us.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1974
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Bartley P Griffith accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bartley P Griffith in this video.
Dr. Bartley P Griffith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.