Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Barton S Wood
Dr. Barton S Wood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alabaster, AL. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Wood is affiliated with St Vincents Hospital, Shelby Baptist Medical Center and Baptist Medical Center South. Dr. Wood has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Barton S Wood has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr wood is an excellent surgeon. He is very thorough and meticulous. It's a little hard understanding him because he talks so fast and long, and it's hard to get a question in. But he explains things so well, nearly all questions are answered anyway. He does excellent surgery &his accessible whenever needed.
My father was admitted to the hospital and needed to see a surgeon. I'm so thankful Dr Wood was on call. He rounded on a Sunday night and spent time explaining the procedure to my father. I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Wood after his surgery. I've been a nurse since 1998 and worked in the ER, CCU and med-surg. I have to say he went above and beyond for my dad and has the best bedside manner. I will always be grateful for him. I highly recommend him for your loved one.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Barton S Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBarton Smith Wood Md, 636 2nd St NE Ste A, Alabaster, AL
Dr. Barton S Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alabaster, AL.