Dr. Bashar Brijawi Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Bashar Brijawi?

Very pleasant and professional

Posted on August 22nd, 2017

I am a new patient and he and his staff were very pleasant and thorough.

Finally figured out what was wrong with me

Posted on May 1st, 2017

Great staff and well informed doctor!!! Thanks Dr.Brijawi

solved my problem

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

solved what was wrong very nice gentleman and never regret see him.

Terrible Doctor, Terrible Office Staff

Posted on April 30th, 2012

This is the worst doctor I have EVER been to. He refused to acknowledge my symptoms. He talks over me,and dismisses almost everything I say. Honestly, I don't know who is worse, the doctor, or the office staff. The lady that I see in the office the most often (I'll be nice, and leave out her name) is rude, condescending, and just a wretched person to have to deal with every time I go there. Needless to say I no longer see that doctor. If you need a sleep doctor, do not go to this one! I can't imagine that there could possibly be a doctor worse than Brijawi and his office staff.

THE ONE THAT HELPED

Posted on April 24th, 2012

I've seen Dr Brijawi4 times. The wait is as long as at any other Drs office. He is a wonderful Dr. He listens actually hears what you are saying. He made me feel like I wasn't crazy. My symptoms are real, and we have options. I sleep, dream and feel I have a chance at fixing it. Go see him. You wont regret it.

What a terrible doctor....

Posted on August 10th, 2011

So bad I wouldn't know where to start.I would love to just leave a bad rating and move on so I don't get myself all worked up, but that would defeat the purpose of letting others know how bad this doctor is.I was seeing him for sleep problems BTW, he has other practices.1. Ease in getting an appointment.Not so hard to get an appointment but it will have to be on one of the three days a week he's at the office for the 1 1/2 to 2 hours he's there. Was not convenient for me personally at all.2. Waiting time during a visit.No wait at all.3. Courtesy and professionalism of office staff.Brooke and Cindy are very nice and very helpful. Linda is not so nice, and the doctor is terrible.4. Accuracy in diagnosing a problem.I, same as another reviewer here, have almost all the symptoms of narcolepsy, many of which are unique to narcolepsy an have nothing to do with just being tired or sleepy. From the second I walked in it was obvious Dr. Brijawi was determined to tell me I was not narcoleptic. Why? I donno....5. Bedside manner (caring).He does not listen. When you try your best to answer his questions, after one or two words he'll put his hand out and shake it and say "yeah, yeah, yeah" or "OK, OK, OK" and shake his head back and forth like he's sick of listening to you ramble on. He does this over and over again. Does he really know the answer to the question he asked me when I don't know and it's my job to give him that answer?6. Spending enough time with me.He has spent a decent amount of time with me, not listening to me and being upset with me when he says something wrong and I try my best to get clarification (he's Syrian and his English is fairly poor).7. Following up as needed after my visit.He will not remember you or your case at all. You will spend the first 45 minutes talking about the wrong things/symptoms/drugs/problems until he re-reads your file to get himself back on track, then you can move on to your actual problems.

Best Doctor!

Posted on April 18th, 2011

he is very good he treated my son and he never had his problem again!

Posted on October 12th, 2010

GREAT doctor. Very personable and knowledgeable. Very pleasant office assistant, I recommend Dr Brijawi highly.

REALLY HELPED ME!

Posted on May 6th, 2010

I did not realize I had a sleep problem...I thought it was normal to fall asleep throughout the day; after all, my parents were always falling asleep in their chairs, so that was normal to me. It would get embarassing when I was in meetings to not be able to stay awake but I did not know anything to do to help. When my PCP put me on Cymbalta, my sleepiness worsened considerably. I would fall asleep while typing or doing paperwork and wake up with the same letter going across my typed page or a line of ink working it's way up a page on which I had been working. When I found Dr. Brijawi it was almost a miracle. he ordered a sleep study and advised me to talk to my PCP about coming off the Cymbalta since that can interfer with REM sleep. I also found out I had many leg movements in my sleep which kept waking me up enough that I would not go into REM sleep. The medicine she gave me for the leg movements, and when I started using the CPAP machine, I could not believe the difference in how I felt. I am so grateful to her and his expertise, and caring enough to spend enough time with me to listen and explain (which is almost non existent anymore). It has even helped my Diabetes and blood pressure. All I can say is, "Thanks Dr. Brijawi"

Upsetting

Posted on April 9th, 2010

Dr. Brijawi didn't listen to anything I tried to tell him. I have Narcolepsy and he didn't seem to understand what that really meant! Yes, I know he is a doctor and he does knot the definition, but as far as daily living, he is clueless. He honestly wouldn't even let me speak before he interrupted and told me that everything I'd been doing was wrong. He raised my prescription dosage, and when I called to have it refilled, he filled it in for the previous dosage!

Posted on April 3rd, 2017