Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bashar H Fahoum has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Critical Care
- Wounds and Injuries
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 7
When I arrived in the ER, I had no idea what was wrong or who would take care of me. What a stroke of extraordinary luck to receive the services of Dr. Fahoum. This man is ever-present, shows up day and night and is an experienced, confident doctor who gives the patient confidence. Just a wonderful doctor.
I was given an appointment time, I showed up, I waited for 2 hours to see the doctor. His assistant/receptionist was not contrite at all. Worst of all is that I shouldn't have been there in the first place. They told me they took my insurance, so that's why I went to him in the first place, then all the waiting just to see him for 5 minutes. We set a surgery date, I adjusted my schedule, then I hear from them a week later to inform me that they in fact don't take my insurance. So I had to wait even longer for my surgery, go to another doctor, etc. etc. Incredible to me that they couldn't get the most basic thing correct from the get-go. When I requested my $25 co-pay back, they refused. Then I see that my insurance did pay them $210 for my visit. So they made $235, to see me for 5 minutes and waste half my day. There are many more professional outfits in Brooklyn. I recommend you seek them out.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
31 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1987
New York Methodist Hospital
Dr. Bashar H Fahoum accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, 506 6th St, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bashar H Fahoum in this video.
Dr. Bashar H Fahoum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.