More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Basil J Alwattar MD
Dr. Basil J Alwattar has 2 locations
Dr. Basil J Alwattar has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Basil J Alwattar has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Disorders
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Basil J Alwattar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Great Orthopaedic Surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Basil J Alwattar - Posted on December 30th, 2015
A friend of mine had recommended the Jeffrey Mann Clinic in Oakland so I saw Dr. Alwattar for my hip. After going over my Exrays he recommended a Total Hip Replacement. He spent time explaining the procedure, answering all my questions and preparing me for what could happen. The entire staff in his office helped me be prepared so everything would go smoothly for preop as well as the day of surgery. I knew as soon as I woke up from surgery that my hip was so much better. Dr. Alwattar spoke to me before going into surgery about his plans and continued to see me after surgery. At every appointment he spent time going over X-rays and answering questions. I wasn't sure what to expect after the procedure but could not have asked for it to be any better. This man is an amazing surgeon and feel so fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
15 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Basil J Alwattar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Dr. Basil J Alwattar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oakland, CA.