Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Bassam Altajar
Dr. Bassam Altajar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arcadia, FL. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Altajar is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Baptist Health South Florida. Dr. Altajar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bassam Altajar has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bassam Altajar has the following 16 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Bassam Altajar has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bassam Altajar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr.altajar is the best cardiologist. I am a nurse and you can say picky about my docs and bedside manner and He has it all. Not to mention when my mother a snowbird needed to get back on track with her medications he stepped right up. And he made sure she understood it all. I can't think him enough.
I was referred to Dr. Altajar from my primary doctor in Arcadia after I was fed up from previous Cardiologist, and exactly like he told me, he is very nice doctor . he made me feel very easy and understood my problem after reviewing my records and he ordered the appropriate tests for me ( not like my previous Cardiologist who used to order all the tests in the book every year!)
I saw Dr. Altajar as a new patient and I was extremely pleased with him as a cardiologist. He was very thorough and explained everything in a manner that I understood. I didn't have to wait long to see him and he took his time and made me feel important, not rushing through my visit. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a cardiologist!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Altajar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Barnabas Hospital
Dr. Bassam Altajar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArcadia Medical Associates Pa, 425 Nursing Home Dr, Arcadia, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bassam Altajar, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Arcadia, FL, in this video.
Dr. Bassam Altajar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arcadia, FL.