Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bassam I Awwa has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 64
Dr Awwa has been a very perfessional Dr to me. I started seeing him when my fiance passed away to understand how to deal with the lose of my love one at such a young age. He has taught me so much in how to deal with all the challenge's I have had to get thru.I would recommend Dr Awwa to anyone if they are looking for a Specialist. I know they will be in good hands.
I have been a patient of Dr. Awwa's for eight+ years. Under his care I have made leaps and bounds in managing my depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. My life has changed in every way for the better. He gave me the tools to self-regulate my symptoms not only with medications, but also with cognitive behavioral therapy. He is kind, not intimidating, and a wonderful listener! I actually look forward to seeing him each month. I know that he genuinely cares about me, not only as a patient, but as an individual. He & the staff know me by name. I don't feel like "a number" at CBH. I will continue to see him for my mental health needs. I will continue to recommend him to anyone needing Mental Health Services.
Don't even waste your time. Dr. Awwa has no compassion, at all to be in a field where patients are relying on him to manage their medications. Dr. Awwa it's not prepared for my appt, which was a half hour late, he didn't even know why I was there and only read the hospital notes when I was in front of him. It's like going to a meeting un prepared! He has no clue on MG available and dosages. The office staff Is very young and do not have a clue of what's going on. Please consider going somewhere more credible and competent.
Connecticut Valley Hospital
Dr. Bassam I Awwa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Behavioral Health Associates, 41 Fair Harbour Pl, New London, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bassam I Awwa in this video.
Dr. Bassam I Awwa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New London, CT.