Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bassam M El-Borno has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 71
I have been lucky enough to have had Dr. El-Borno for over 20 years as my Psychiatrist. He still uses the old paper files for records and does not use the new age of electronics for record keeping. I seriously would not want to see any other Dr. He is warm and caring and always knows how to medicate me.
Dr. Borno puts you at ease in the first few minutes.......he's very funny, and not very bad looking either 😌 I enjoy going to him, just don't be too late for your appointment, because he has other patients he must see and you'll have to come back another day. He's very good at what he does.......at time I felt as if he could read my mind! He has helped me a lot over the past year. I trust him completely and could tell him anything and it never goes any farther than us in the room, unless I tell him it's ok to tell my daughter or my brother.
I am so grateful that my best friend referred me to him! I was struggling with bipolar disorder for years and when my family doctor retired I was left with no one that really wanted to listen to my mental health struggles. Dr. El Borno took the time to evaluate my issues and explain a course of treatment. He is patient, kind, and knowledgable in mental health. Highly recommended!
I've been in therapy and on medication since I was 15 and this has been the only doctor to insult me and have absolutely no idea how to treat my problems.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1980
Unconfirmed Foreign Training
Dr. Bassam M El-Borno accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bassam M El-Borno is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.