Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bassam N Shamma has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Bassam N Shamma has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Bassam N Shamma is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. BASSAM Shamma is the best OB/GYN around. He is very thorough. He does any and every test to get down to the underlying issue. Anytime I call im in the next day if not that day. He answers all questions and is very blunt and honest with those answers. I had a pretty difficult pregnancy but there was never a time i was worried because I knew i was in good hands. Highly recommended!!!
Dr. Shamma is great. His office is in Thomas Memorial. For those who have negative comments, I'm guessing you are referring to the other Dr. Shamma who is also an OB GYN. Our first visit he spent an hour and a half with us. You always see him, not someone else. He does his own ultrasounds and is extremely thorough. He was very in tune to our needs, and cared about our questions and concerns. My husband really likes him also.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Bassam N Shamma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBassam N Shamma Md Pllc, 4607 MacCorkle Ave SW Ste 301, South Charleston, WV
Dr. Bassam N Shamma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Charleston, WV.