Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Baxter D Montgomery has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Baxter D Montgomery has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
Dr. Baxter D Montgomery has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Baxter D Montgomery is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I have been to the clinic for 2+ months and I've only seen the doctor once. When I saw him, he stayed for about 10 minutes, said he wanted to run a test and then left. After leaving one of his staff members came in and gave me a couple of samples of prescribed medication and told me the doctor said take these. He never told me what they were used and why while I was at the clinic. Since I was on a time schedule, I had to call him while driving to ask why. Prior to getting to a room, I would sit on average about 45 minutes before getting into a room and then another 30 minutes before his nurse practitioner came in to see me; wait time is horrible even with a scheduled appointment. Communication is horrible. I sent a few emails using the website and the nurse practitioner said she never received my messages; I had to call and follow up. The last one I sent I called and talk to a lady at the front desk telling her I sent an email talking about side effects the medicine was causing. She told me that she hadn't checked her emails all day. They prescribed me medicine and it cause some bad side effects. I called and told the nurse practitioner about the side effect and she told me that "I didn't know that it had that type of side effect" and she's the one that gave me the samples of medicines when she saw me. She told me to schedule my appointments on a Friday as that's when the doctor is in. All, but one, of my appointments were on a Friday and I saw him once.
This dr is good.. He listens and is attentive. My experience is the staff is not trained well and reflects on him. It started out okay...each time got worse. Waited 2 hours see him.. Appointment not in computer.etc..... If your are not over weight but has high blood pressure ... And you care about you time see another Dr.
Great Bedside manner. Place of healing .
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Baxter D Montgomery accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsHouston Cardiac Association, 10480 Main St, Houston, TX
Dr. Baxter D Montgomery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.