Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bedros H Kojian has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Bedros H Kojian has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Uterine Prolapse
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
Dr. Bedros H Kojian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I went to see him for a second opinion regarding an endometriosis diagnoses. He thoroughly examined me even though I was menstruating, then got records transferred from my other physician, who had already ordered & got the results back from an ultrasound & a Ca125. After receiving those, he called himself, which was nice, but which wasn't was that he wanted me to get both tests done again? I refused because having a medical background myself, knew that was unnecessary. I think I must've offended him because when I told him that the Radiologist & my other Doctor confirmed an endometriosis diagnosis, he told me he wasn't comfortable performing surgery on that condition due to the massive amount of adhesions that are likely present in the abdomen. I respect that! I decided to keep him as my doctor to do annual paps because he's so close to my home & made a couple appointments with him to do that but had to cancel because each time the appointment came up, I was menstruating.. Endometriosis. When I tried to make a third, I was informed I had been fired as a patient because of those cancellations. Hmmm.. That's fine. He's competent but he's an old man who, no doubt, will be retiring or kicking the bucket soon so I figured I was better off. On the bright side, his staff is wonderful; very polite & competent.
I was referred to him via my PCP's office. I received a list of OBGYNs in my network but one of the nurses highlighted his name. The other nurses and receptionists were being nosy and asked about the recommendation and they ALL were giddy over Dr. K. Average wait time is about 20 minutes, but I was also told by both his receptionists and nurses that this will be the case. He is busy...which is good. He is high in demand. He also will take as much time as needed to speak with his patients. Ladies, we need to be patient NOW...if we can't be, then motherhood will be that much harder. I will take a short wait and a Doctor who will treat me with respect and share their knowledge with me over someone who cuts it short to make sure he can fit in his next appointment. Maybe scheduling is a problem...but no one is perfect, and no business is perfect. It's a sacrifice I am willing to wait. The receptionists are also the sweetest ladies ever. They keep in touch with you as you wait and take the time to share resources with you. He is also very willing to listen to the desires of the family and is experienced in various methods of child birth. I think he understands that following the mothers desires will create minimal stress and will allow open dialogue if circumstances change and require a change in birth plan.
Initial visit doc was approx 45 min behind but appeared knowledgable & experienced, next visit his receptionist was rude, incompetent & wait was over 1 hour, last visit same rude, incompetent reception but upon politely mentioning to doc he defended her & became rude & condescending himself diminishing situation thus felt maltreated & disrespected. Will not return, can get better treatment from different md
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kojian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Yerevan University Of Traditional Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Bedros H Kojian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBedros Hovhanes Kojian Md, 1310 W Stewart Dr Ste 308, Orange, CA
Dr. Bedros H Kojian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.