Dr. Behdad Aryavand Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Behdad Aryavand?

Bladder Cancer

Bladder Cancer

Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.

Very busy group!

It seems you need to see Dr Aryavand a couple times for him to open up. First visit was very good but I needed to ask many questions. Second visit was in the hospital for surgery. He was more open and informative. Third time was for a post op visit to his office where our meeting was great. It is difficult to get a response from his staff on the phone. Other than his nurse, who was extremely helpful and friendly. There were times they did not return my call after leaving them a verbal message to call back. This group must be extremely busy. I tried to change my November appointment from his main office in No. Va to his office near my home which is about 1 mile away. If I accepted the change my appointment I had to wait until February!! Totally unacceptable for a post op visit. I kept my appointment and drove nearly an hour to get to the main office. The procedure Dr Aryavand performed on me was a total success!! For that I am greatly appreciative. I DO look forward to seeing him for my ongoing followup visits.

Dr Aryavand and his staff took excellent care of my 14 year old son. I am very thankful to have access to such a skilled and kind physician/surgeon. My son had a rare condition for a person his age, Dr Aryavand and his staff were able to put him at ease and the surgery was huge success. I was also impressed by the office staff who treated everyone with patience and kindness.

I would not use him again. He didn't even check me before I left the hosp. Just called on the phone causeing a second hospital stay for dehydration.

Couldn't be bothered to see me

I was referred to Dr. Aryavand a month ago and had an appointment scheduled for 10:30 in the morning. I arrived early and filled out the 6 pages of paperwork and then was taken to an examining room to wait. After 70 minutes of waiting without any word from the doctor or staff, I got dressed and got ready to leave. The doctor arrived just then and offered some excuses ( he said that someone had an emergency and he had to attend them) but by that time, I was done with being sitting there semi-naked and ignored. Patients need to know that their physician cares enough to keep them informed. If issues come up, there shouldn't be any problem with telling us so we know what we're dealing with. I will look for a specialist who will treat me as his patient and not someone who can be left indefinitely.

Amazing surgeon

What a kind, efficient, wonderful surgeon. I am so lucky to have Dr. Aryavand as my doctor. He spent much time answering my questions before and after surgery. He saved my life!

Not for me

He is rude Has a great God complex. My husband went in with a serious problem.The first words out of his mouth is you should of had a text done than see me. How are we susspose to know this. He is a real downer.

The office staff at Vascular Surgical Associates is the rudest I have ever dealt with. They say one thing but want you to do another. I was seen for 2 mins by the doctor and told to make an appointment for a test. That was all the time I spent with the doctor. After my test was run, I was told by the office assistant I could "call in the next few days if I don't hear anything. You may not hear from us first." Umm... okay. I called Monday and left a message for the nurse. She never called me back. I called Thursday and was reprimanded for calling to ask for my results. I was told I needed an appointment for such results. Any time I call this office, I am such an inconvenience to them. Do not deal with them unless you need to.

Condescending. Did not even examine my husband. Very poor bedside manner. It felt like we were wasting his time. Gave one syllable answers to questions. Can't understand how he managed to get a people's choice award. DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM.

GREAT DOCTOR

HE SAVED MY LEG. I WAS TOLD BY ANOTHER SURGEON THAT I NEEDED A AMPUTATION. I CAME TO SEE DR ARYAVAND FROM RICHMOND. HE ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY, AND SAVED MY LEG. UNFORTUNATLEY I LOST 2 TOES WHICH FAR TOO GONE FOR HIM TO SAVE. BUT I STILL HAVE LEG TO WALK ON. TO ME HE IS GOD SENT.

Caring and professional, I highly recommend Dr. Aryavand to anyone who needs a great vascular surgeon.

Dr. Behdad Aryavand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.