- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia MD
Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia, MD is a doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. Their specialties include Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia has 2 locations
Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia has the following 11 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Behrooz A Akbarnia
Dr. Akbarnia was board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery in 1974. He received his medical degree from Tehran University in 1966. He served his internship in Surgery at Berkshire Medical Center and completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Albany Medical Center. He completed his Spine Fellowship at University of Minnesota. He served as professor of orthopaedics and chief of spine service at St. Louis University from 1980-1990 and moved to San Diego in 1990 establishing the San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders. He is the past president of Federation of Spine Associations and current Tresurer and member of the Board of Directors of Scoliosis Research Society. He is also member of many professional organizations such as American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society and American Orthopaedic Association. He is an examiner for the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and a member of Editorial Board of several Scientific Journals.He has authored over 100 articles, book chapters and books and has traveled worldwide for various presentations. He is currently Clinical Professor of Orthopedics at University of California, San Diego, Director of San Diego Spine Fellowship program and Medical Director of San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders in La Jolla.