Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bela Ajtai MD
Dr. Bela Ajtai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY, with another office in Buffalo, NY. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Ajtai is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Bela Ajtai has 2 locations
849 Delaware Ave Apt 206
Buffalo, NY 14209
Dr. Bela Ajtai has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Bela Ajtai has the following 12 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Bela Ajtai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Bela Ajtai - Posted on January 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Bela Ajtai - Posted on June 15th, 2008
Dr. Ajtai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Graduated in 1997
University At Buffalo
Dr. Bela Ajtai Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Bela Ajtai's office for more information.
3980 Sheridan Dr Ste 600 Buffalo, NY : (716) 636-1362
849 Delaware Ave Apt 206 Buffalo, NY 14209
More about Dr. Bela Ajtai
Dr. Ajtai is an Attending Neurologist at DENT specializing in seeing patients with memory disorders and dementia, along with neuroimaging diagnostics. In addition to multiple peer-reviewed journal articles and congress abstracts, Dr. Ajtai authored an MRI anatomy atlas and is co-author of the Neuroimaging CD-ROM of the Continuum series and the anatomy chapter for the 4th ed. of "Cerebral SPECT and PET" by Drs. Van Heertum and Tykofsky. He is also a volunteer teaching faculty member, having given several series of lectures on neuroanatomy to residents and students at the Jacobs Neurological Institute. Dr. Ajtai is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Society of Neuroimaging.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bela Ajtai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.