Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Belai Damtew has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Belai Damtew has the following 8 expertise
- HIV Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Damtew is a very caring person, his patients are very well cared for by a most caring and knowlegable physician. his bedside manner makes patients know that he cares about them, He has taken care of both of my parents now and they both love him.Thank you just does not seem to be enough to let this man know just how wonderful he is. I recommend him highly and will take my family to him and only him when needed
When my father was hospitalized with an infection,he was seen by Dr. Damtew. Dr. Damtew was condescending and arrogant. He came into my father's room and did not even introduce himself. I had to ask him who he was. He gave very curt answers to my questions and really did not want to be bothered. One answer he gave was misleading and inaccurate. He gave me another answer when pressed the following day. Another doctor who was also treating my father urged me to get a second opinion regarding the infection, because he(the other specialist) had concerns about Dr. Damtew's diagnosis. Dr. Damtew has a nice PA, Marissa.
A few months ago my husband almost died from Septic shock. It was the worst time of our lives. We prayed that God would save his life, and he did, through Dr. Damtew! There are no words great enough to describe this man. He certainly is very intelligent, kind and one of the best doctors I have ever come across. If you have Dr. Damtew then you know that you or your loved one will get the best care possible!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
Addis Ababa University
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Belai Damtew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
Locations & DirectionsBelai Damtew Md, 7255 Old Oak Blvd Ste 302, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Belai Damtew in this video.
Dr. Belai Damtew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.