Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Belen M Tan Jr
Dr. Belen M Tan Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL, with another office in Chiefland, FL. Her specialties include Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Tan is affiliated with St Petersburg General Hospital, Bayfront Medical Center and St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. She speaks English.
Dr. Belen M Tan Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Belen M Tan Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Tan saw both of my children from 1-3 years. It started out ok. My daughters allergies were basic. She outgrew them. My son hasn't been so easy. While she's seen my son she has requested me to keep a food journal and then when I returned with it she didn't even want to discuss its contents. She does not listen to the parents input very much and seems to think the parents don't have any idea what is going on. On one visit with my son she didn't seem to have reviewed his chart. She came in and the first words were to ask how his medicine was going. My son is not on medicine. He continues to have allergic reactions and they don't want to test for anything unless I say exactly what I what them to check for. I'm an now looking for a new allergist that can deliver more personal care and hopefully provide more answers.
I brought my deaf and mentally challenged, adult, nephew to see Dr. Tan. My nephew is very difficult to work with b/c he wants to have a say in his medical treatment but he does not understand complicated concepts and only signs. He also only reads on a first grade level - so very difficult and most doctors get fed-up. But Doctor Tan really took time with him and explained things in different ways over and over to help him understand, it took almost an hour. And please note he's under Medicaid so she only gets a set fee. If you want someone who really cares that you understand what's going on and will take the time to work with you, she is the one!!
Dr. Tan was very unprofessional as she asked very personal questions that were totally unrelated to the purpose of the visit not to mention this was my first ever appointment and I had never met her. I felt uncomfortable enough to cancel the follow-up visit despite not having many other viable options because of my health insurance. And the worse part is my problem has not gone away.
Dr. Tan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
All Childrens Hospital
Dr. Belen M Tan Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Belen M Tan Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.