Dr. Belen Tan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Belen Tan?

Ok for basic. Not great

Posted on January 28th, 2014

Dr Tan saw both of my children from 1-3 years. It started out ok. My daughters allergies were basic. She outgrew them. My son hasn't been so easy. While she's seen my son she has requested me to keep a food journal and then when I returned with it she didn't even want to discuss its contents. She does not listen to the parents input very much and seems to think the parents don't have any idea what is going on. On one visit with my son she didn't seem to have reviewed his chart. She came in and the first words were to ask how his medicine was going. My son is not on medicine. He continues to have allergic reactions and they don't want to test for anything unless I say exactly what I what them to check for. I'm an now looking for a new allergist that can deliver more personal care and hopefully provide more answers.

Great job!

Posted on October 22nd, 2013

I brought my deaf and mentally challenged, adult, nephew to see Dr. Tan. My nephew is very difficult to work with b/c he wants to have a say in his medical treatment but he does not understand complicated concepts and only signs. He also only reads on a first grade level - so very difficult and most doctors get fed-up. But Doctor Tan really took time with him and explained things in different ways over and over to help him understand, it took almost an hour. And please note he's under Medicaid so she only gets a set fee. If you want someone who really cares that you understand what's going on and will take the time to work with you, she is the one!!

Posted on April 18th, 2013

Dr. Tan is a good doctor. She asks a lot of questions to help you find out triggers. My allergies have diminished since getting shots. She listens and gives you feedback. I found out that ibuprofen, causes allergic reactions in some people. This is because she asked me the right questions.

Had high hopes but....

Posted on May 31st, 2012

Dr. Tan was very unprofessional as she asked very personal questions that were totally unrelated to the purpose of the visit not to mention this was my first ever appointment and I had never met her. I felt uncomfortable enough to cancel the follow-up visit despite not having many other viable options because of my health insurance. And the worse part is my problem has not gone away.

Posted on May 13th, 2016