Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Belinda Kakos
Dr. Belinda Kakos, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with other offices in Livonia, MI and Madison Heights, MI (and 1 other location). She has 9 years of experience. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Kakos is affiliated with St John Hospital & Medical Center, St John Macomb-Oakland Hospital-Oakland Campus and Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital. Dr. Kakos has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Belinda Kakos has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Belinda Kakos has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Belinda Kakos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Kakos was a very pleasant and knowledgable doctor. She sat down and listened for at least 15 minutes going over my history. She was patient, answered all my children's questions and was supportive of all the questions I asked. I was surprised. She doesn't look old enough to be a doctor, She carries herself with grace. If she had a clinic I would go to her for my care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Kakos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
9 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Belinda Kakos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.