Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ben Johnson
Dr. Ben Johnson, MD, PA is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with CHI St Vincent Infirmary, Baptist Health Medical Center - Little Rock and Saint Vincent Doctors Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ben Johnson has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CHI St Vincent Infirmary
Baptist Health Medical Center - Little Rock
Saint Vincent Doctors Hospital
Baptist Medical Center
Arkansas Heart Hospital
Baptist Health Medical Center-Arkadelphia
Baptist Health Medical Center Heber Spings
Stuttgart Regional Medical Center
St Vincent Medical Center North
Select Specialty Hospital L R
St Vincent Rehabilitation Hospital In Part Healthsouth
43 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1970
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Ben Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBen D Johnson MD, 500 S University Ave, Little Rock, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ben Johnson in this video.
Dr. Ben Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.