Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ben A Gardner
Dr. Ben A Gardner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, TN. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gardner is affiliated with Maury Regional Medical Center. Dr. Gardner has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ben A Gardner has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
This is the worst doctor/doctor's office in Columbia. They are rude. The staff was making fun of my illness in the background while I was on the phone with one of them. The doctor only cares about money, does not care about his patients. Is not interested in your well being. Him and the staff do not want to help you. Please do not go here!! Anywhere else is better then here
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Gardner. He is the only physician I've encountered in quite some time who actually listens and takes the time to answer any questions I might have. He is extremely easy to talk to, highly intelligent, and has a wonderful bedside manner.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gardner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Ben A Gardner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Health Group, 854 W James Campbell Blvd Ste 403, Columbia, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ben A Gardner in this video.
Dr. Ben A Gardner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, TN.