Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. James B Hardin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. James B Hardin has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. James B Hardin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Spends all appt time talking about his personal live life problems. Very rude at times to his staff. Arrogant and too flirty with females. Only hears what he wants to during your complaint and does not address most important complaints. Needs to retire. The BEST of his nursing staff have left and been replaced with second rate nursing.
Dr Hardin is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.I have never had a doctor that takes up as much time with a patient as he does. He makes you feel good about yourself and even if you need to improve something about yourself, he handles it in a very positive way. I am truly glad he is my doctor of choice and I hope he is here for sometime yet.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hardin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Duke Family Practice Residency
Dr. James B Hardin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJames Benford Hardin Md, 2901 N Elm St, Lumberton, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. James B Hardin, MD - Family Medicine in Lumberton, NC, in this video.
Dr. James B Hardin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lumberton, NC.